MFA in Photography
Academy of Art University, San Francisco, CA 2012 – Present
BFA in Studio Art – Photography, Minor in Communication
California State University of Bakersfield, Bakersfield, CA 2007 – 2009
AA double major in Digital Art and Fine Art
Certificate of Achievement: Digital Art
Bakersfield College, Bakersfield, CA 2004 – 2007
Public Access/Education Assistant - Tejon Ranch Conservancy Lebec, CA, 2018 - Present
• Lead Public tours and hikes on the Tejon Ranch.
• Assist in any public access events within the conservancy.
• Assist in developing and leading the art education program.
Photographer – Bakersfield Magazine Bakersfield, CA 2016- 2018
• Photographing events around town for the Party Chatter section.
• Photographing Editorials for the featured articles.
Docent – Tejon Ranch Conservancy Lebec, CA, 2015 - 2018
• Volunteer and assist the Conservancy with their service programs,
Education and Art program, hikes/tours and citizen science on the ranch.
Photo Editor – Welcome Newborn Bakersfield, CA, 2018
• Editing and retouching photos. Design and assemble photo books.
Newborn Photographer/District Manager – Welcome Newborn Bakersfield, CA, 2010 - 2017
• Photograph Newborn babies at Mercy Southwest Hospital.
• Manage Sales, printing, deposits, and inventory.
• Manage, oversee and train photographers at two different hospitals.
Internship – Tejon Ranch Conservancy Lebec, CA, 2016
• Photo monitoring the landscapes of the Tejon Ranch to help
Creating a better stewardship management plan.
• Research the historical photographs of the Ranch and create a database of the photos.
Photographer/Graphic Designer – Kern Green Bakersfield, CA, 2012 - 2017
• Member of the Kern Green Banquet Award committee.
• Photographing events for the organization. Creating graphics such as flyers and brochures.
Help Desk ITA – CSUB Help Desk Bakersfield, CA, Summer 2009
• Worked on the campus faculty computer refresh, backing up old computers and installing newer ones.
• Software installation and computer imaging.
• Over the phone Assistance.
Media Lab Students’ Assistant – CSUB Media Production Lab Bakersfield, CA, 2008 - 2009
• Assist Students and Faculty in scanning, printing, digital imaging, and video editing.
• Converting old format media to DVD or to upload on the school’s website.
• California Naturalist Certified. 2015
• Bilingual (English, Arabic)
• CPR and First Aid Certified
• Off Road and 4-Wheel driving experience
• Will be Obtaining California Commercial Drivers License this year.
• Rising Tide, Tuesdays Together 2018 - Present
• Kern Creatives 2018 - Present
• Ladies Design & Wine - Bakersfield 2018 - Present
• Shutter Clique 2010 - 2015
• Kern Photographers Association 2011 - 2015
• CSUB Art Club 2007 - 2009
• Bakersfield Emerging Contemporary Artists. 2008 - 2011
• Nature As We Know It, Kern Arts Council August 2018
• Artist In Residence Group Show, Heritage Square Museum April 2018
• ArtMix, Bakersfield Museum of Arts March 2018
• Work Play, 1 Negative Word + 1 Positive Word = One Photography _ The Foundry. February 2011
• Graduating Seniors Art Exhibition “Art-clectic Visions” – Todd Madigan Gallery. May 2009
• One Thousand Words: Photography, Film, and literature _ The Basement. May 2009
• Students’ Art Exhibition – CSUB Dining Commons. 2009
• CSUB Art League Juried Art Show, Todd Madigan Gallery. January 2008
• Taste of the Art, The Albertsons’ Room- CSUB Art League. November 2007
Public Art and Activities
• Panama Park Arts Project 2018
• David Nelson Park, East Bakersfield Mural 2018
• Bakersfield Annual Via Arte, Italian Street Painting Festival. 2008 – Present
• Scott Kelby’s Annual Photo Walk. 2011
• Help-Portrait. 2011
• Painting Bakersfield Californian Newspaper Dispenser. 2009
• Clay Signs for Martin Luther Community Center, Master Garden Korners’. 2008-2009